Age Group: 9+ for kids old enough to use a sewing machine.
Next Class Dates: Coming Soon
Duration: 2 hrs
Student capacity: 4
What you’ll learn:
Get your kids sewing these school holidays with this beginner sewing class!
They’ll learn to use a sewing machine safely, how to thread and wind a bobbin and learn what all those dials mean. With practice stitching straight lines, they’ll be able to decorate & make a handy pin cushion.
- sewing machine use
- calico for practice stitching
- black and white thread
- handy information sheets
- fabric scissors, pins, unpickers, measuring tape and tailors chalk to use during the class
- enough stuffing for a pin cushion
- assorted coloured fabrics for a pin cushion
- trims & buttons to use to decorate
What to bring:
- if you have a machine that you’d like your child to learn on, you are welcome to bring it along to the class
Please make sure your child wears closed in shoes and no loose jewellery should be worn.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.