Class Level: Level 1 sewing for those with little, to no sewing experience, eager to learn.
Next Class Dates: Saturday 11th October, Saturday 18th October & Saturday 25th October from 10am – 2pm
DON’T SEE A CLASS DATE THAT SUITS YOU AND YOUR LIFESTYLE? SEND US AN EMAIL TO ORGANISE A ONE ON ONE CLASS AT A TIME AND DATE THAT SUITS YOU.
Duration: 12 hours across 3 days (4 hour days) with break
Cost: $280 (Adult Single), $275 (Student/Pensioner), $270 (Best Buddies Multi-Ticket Booking)
Student capacity: 4
What you’ll learn:
Learn to make this simple shift dress with bias binding finishings and a zipper opening from this simple and versatile pattern. Easy to make and wear! Juliet will guide you through the process of cutting and stitching together your dress or top.
In this class Juliet will also cover basic fitting techniques starting from a base garment. If you are unsure about the sizes fitting the first time, why not use an inexpensive fabric to trial out (also known as a toile).
- pattern with full instructions to take home
- scissors, pins, tailors chalk and black or white thread will be provided
- one FREE catch up lesson at a time and date that suits you
What to bring:
- working sewing machine (or rent one of ours for an additional $10)
- 3m for the dress or 2m for the top of light to medium woven fabrics such as silk, rayon, crepe, shirting, lawn, sateen or satins. Choose a fabric that isn’t see through. Send us an email and we can confirm the amount of fabric needed for your size.
- 3m of double fold bias tape to match or compliment your fabric. These come in cotton or satin fabrics.
- thread to match fabric (optional; we provide black or white thread to use)
- For the Dress – 22 inch invisible zipper to match fabric
Please wear closed in shoes and no loose jewellery should be worn.
Email email@example.com for any questions.