Class Level: Level 1 sewing for those with little, to no sewing experience, eager to learn.
Next Class Dates: Coming Soon or by Appointment
DON’T SEE A CLASS DATE THAT SUITS YOU AND YOUR LIFESTYLE? SEND US AN EMAIL TO ORGANISE A ONE ON ONE CLASS AT A TIME AND DATE THAT SUITS YOU.
Duration: 2 hrs
Cost: $80 (Adult Single), $75 (Student/Pensioner), $70 (Best Buddies Multi-Ticket Booking)
Student capacity: 4
What you’ll learn:
The most common problems while sewing can be easily fixed if you know how your sewing machine works. For beginners, having confidence in handling your sewing machine can mean the difference between happily sewing and throwing your machine out the window.
In this 2 hour class Juliet will help demystify the humble sewing machine in an in depth manner that you can understand.
You’ll learn to:
- wind the bobbin
- utilise tension, stitch width and stitch length dials (if your machine has these features)
- use and understand what the different stitches do
- select the right type of needle and size for projects
- how to clean and maintain a healthy sewing machine
- adjust sewing speed for accuracy and control while sewing
- identify common sewing problems and how to fix them
- scrap fabrics to practice on
- black and white thread
- handy information sheets
- pins, scissors to use
What to bring:
- working sewing machine
- pen and paper to write notes on
If you don’t have a sewing machine ask us about renting one for an additional $10.
Please wear closed in shoes and no loose jewellery should be worn.
Email email@example.com for any questions.