Class Level: Level 3 sewing for those who are experienced and confident with most sewing projects. Its time to challenge yourself!
Next Class Dates: Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th October 10am – 2.30pm
DON’T SEE A CLASS DATE THAT SUITS YOU AND YOUR LIFESTYLE? SEND US AN EMAIL TO ORGANISE A ONE ON ONE CLASS AT A TIME AND DATE THAT SUITS YOU.
Duration: 4.5hours over 2 days
Cost: $200 ( Adult), $195 ( Student/Pensioner), $190 (Best Buddies Multi-Ticket Booking)
Student Capacity: 4
What you’ll learn:
You’ll be a domestic goddess once you’ve whipped up your very own made-to-measure vintage skirt!
Learn to draft and sew a circular skirt with a waist band from scratch in this 2 day class. A great introduction into patternmaking basics for those interested.
Class cost includes:
- handy calculation sheets
- sewing machine rental
- measuring tape
- pattern paper
- black or white sewing thread
- interfacing for waist band
What to bring:
- 4 metres of 112cm or 150cm wide fabric for skirt. Choose a fabric that has a two-way print or is plain. Avoid fabrics with nap. Woven fabrics such as homespun, drill, linen, cotton sateen, voile & lawn are suitable.
- 25cm of 112cm or 150cm wide fabric for waist band of skirt either matching or contrasting to skirt fabric.
- Thread to match your fabric. We recommend a polyester thread for most fabrics. If you need to purchase thread we have a select range instore for your convinience.
- 20cm zipper in colour to match. Choose from a regular dress zip or invisible zipper.
*This class includes sewing machine use but you’re welcome to bring your own along.
Please wear closed in shoes and no loose jewellery should be worn.
Email email@example.com for any questions.